Saturday, February 14, 2009

King of the Week - (2-14-09)


So this is my little play off of "Best Week Ever" and because I found this picture of John Hodgman, so I decided this will be my weekly update, but based on my record, I might do it for the next two weeks then drop it. Each week (just humor me) I'll be finding the person that is King of the Week, obviously the most prestigious award next to an Oscar (since an Oscar has about the same credibility as an actual award - hence Dark Knight not nominated for best picture, why? because it's a movie people actual wanted to pay money to see so there is no need to mindlessly promote it for weeks as an Oscar contender to try to drum up a little business.)
.
Anyway, our first winner of "King of the Week" is none other than...John Hodgman. This week I saw King John in Coraline (voice of Coraline's father) a movie that is somewhere between Must See and Don't wait 'til the DVD, solid B+. The 3D really made the movie (which is why you should try to see it in the theater), especially since they didn't try to insult your intelligence with stupid 3D tricks. There are also some really creative characters, not to mention a 65+ year old woman with triple F boom booms wearing nothing but a string bikini and pasties.
.
Co-staring in a good movie wasn't really what made King John "King of the Week". What did the trick was his appearance on the show that is the reason the tv was invented. Battlestar Galactica! After his appearance as a quirky, Michael Scott-esk brain surgeon, I became an instant fan. Any actor that can deliver one-liners that can make Kara Thrace squirm, should be hailed and deserves our reverence in his presence.
.
Long live the King! You make me proud to be a PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment