Monday, May 25, 2009

P90X, Update?

This isn't really an update, since I didn't blog about when I started the sensation that take over the nation. I started P90X approximately 8 weeks ago. I'm currently in my second recovery week. I did not do an initial post when I stated, because I thought it would be like most things I start, it would last about 2 weeks. Then the excuses begin and before I know it, it's 2 months later and I haven't even made a dent in my excuses list.

When I started I weighed 293lbs. Yep, that's a lot. In the first work out I was able to do 10 pushups and that was about it, I did one or two during the other reps and then fell to my knees. On plyo (jump training), the second workout, I was able to do only most of the exercises for about half the time with bad form. So on and so on.

I have now weighed in at 270 lbs (depending on the time of day). Still a lot, but I'm working on it. I am able to do 20 push ups for the first exercise and still have plenty left in the tank to do many more pushups through the rest of the workout. I can keep up with the plyo workout. Now I've started running and am making a goal for a half marathon.

Anyway, just a quick update so that I would know what I'm up to.

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo!! Now I only wish that I could make the weight loss dent that you have. Actually, I wish I had your legs! You've worked hard, and you look great! I'm proud of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete